Saturday, October 4, 2014

UW vs Northwestern

I am going to make my first trip to Dyke stadium today for the Badger Game (no Ryan field bullshit here). I have decided that trying to predict this Badger team is most likely pointless, but I will do so anyway. They are just too young to be consistent. While they played in a sort of road game in friendly LSU territory, this will be the first true road test for many of these players. Although there will likely will be more UW fans at the game today than NW fans, so this isn't really a true road game either.
UW is an 8 point favorite, and the o/u is 47, as both these teams have shown they can play defense, but can struggle to score. I am predicting a close game as is often the case when Bucky comes to Dyke, so I am taking Northwestern and the points. A 47 under seems low when you think of how many times UW has scored that many points by themselves over the last few years. I think it is right on. I expect a tight defensive struggle today and will take the under.
UW wins 20-17.

No comments:

Post a Comment