Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sure am glad I turned the TV back on

I was in a bit of a funk after watching the Nebraska game today. A game which was very much like the PSU game in that UW out played them but kept them in the game with horrendous shooting (4-17 on 3 pointers, 3-13 free throws). UW has got to shoot better or they may not win 5 games in the Big Ten. I was beginning to have my doubts about this team.

I went into my basement to work out and watch the end of the Redskins-Seahawks game, and then was about to take the dogs to the park but I decided to turn on the Minn-Northwestern game. To my surprise Minn was trailing 13-11 with 3 minutes to go in the first half. This is the #13 team in the country playing at home against a Northwestern team that struggles defensively and is riddled with injuries. That made me feel better. Minn closed out the half on a 6-1 run to take a 17-14 halftime lead. The game was still in doubt until about the 10 minute mark of the 2nd half when Hollins hit 5 straight 3s to put it away.

UW is going to have some games this year when they hit shots. They will probably have more when they don't. They are going to have some games when they get the snat beat out of them. They are going to have to win games ugly. In the end all that matters is the W or L. UW got a W today, and hopefully they get a bunch more.

No comments:

Post a Comment