Thursday, September 8, 2016

UW Akron

Pretty fun game last week. Badgers covered the spread so I start off 1-0. Akron is 1-0 after a home win vs. VMI. Badgers are a 23.5 point favorite at home.

Akron put up 47 points and 576 yards in the win, with 425 coming through the air. Could have been better as the Zips were rather undisciplined committing 2 turnovers, and 13 penalties for 111 yards. Despite all the offense, Akron held the ball for less than 24 minutes. Akron has had a similar high flying offense in the past and I don't anticipate UW will have much trouble stopping it. The only question is if UW pulls defensive starters late and if the Zips are able to put up some points against the backups. Will there be a hangover from LSU? I'm doubtful. This defense is high energy and I think they are more likely to lick their chops at a team that can't block Watt and Biegel, but still wants to throw it 50 times.

The O/U is a mere 47.5,which leads me to believe people are less than sold on the UW offense that only put up 16 against LSU. I am not as concerned. In a road game VMI put up 24 points and 386 yards, and had 20 first downs. It's not like they were getting blown out and racked them up late. The game was 26-24 going into the 4th before Akron put up 21 unanswered in the 4th quarter. UW should be able to run easily, and if Clement's speed is back he should have some long TD runs.

I am picking UW and giving the points. The question here may be more about Chryst than anything else. Bucky only had 2 huge blowout wins last season (58-0 over Miami OH, and 48-10 against Rutgers). I'm not sure if we know yet if Chryst has the same rack up the score mentality as Brett and Gary, but I'm guessing he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment