Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Nebraska

Hot streak continues as I was 2-0 again last week for a yearly total of 7-1. UW is a 6.5 point favorite and the o/u is 57.

Both these teams have feasted on crappy competition this year. Nebraska comes in with the 10th ranked scoring offense and 16th ranked scoring defense. They have only played 2 decent teams all year, the loss @MSU, and a win at home vs. Miami. UW is 19th in scoring offense and 3rd in scoring defense. They have only played 2 decent teams too, the loss to LSU, and the win vs. Maryland.

I am not yet a believer in the UW defense. They are good, but they have not played a great offense all year. This will be a true test. I don't expect a shoot out, or a destruction like in the big ten championship. This game will be cold. There will not be a fast track like in Indianapolis.

I like UW to win, but in what could be single digit temps in the second half I think the score will stay low. 6.5 is too much in a low scoring game. I'm taking Nebraska to cover, and the under.
Final score UW 24-Nebraska 21.

3 comments:

  1. Ouch. At least you got the moneyline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never been so happy to be so wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely. One of those games I'll think back on and smile about 20 years from now.

    ReplyDelete